A group of experts in the field of optical mirror reflectance characterization has been working together as members of Task III to create a document of an official SolarPACES reflectance measurement guideline.
Title of guidelines
“PARAMETERS AND METHOD TO EVALUATE THE SOLAR REFLECTANCE PROPERTIES OF REFLECTOR MATERIALS FOR CONCENTRATING SOLAR POWER TECHNOLOGY”
Scope of Project
The guideline for reflectance characterisation of solar reflectors was developed under the framework of a two year project “Development of guidelines for standards for concentrating solar power (CSP) components” within the SolarPACES Task III: “Solar Technology and Advances Applications”. The project was created because of the urgent demand to normalize the qualification procedures of solar mirrors and to provide reliable performance analysis tools whose results are comparable within the solar community. Therefore the scope of this project was to prepare recommendations of procedures for presentation to the standardization organisations (ISO, ASME, DIN, AENOR, etc) that can be formulated into international standards with respect to the following topics
- Guidelines for reflectance characterisation.
- Guidelines for mirror panel and modules characterisation.
- Guidelines for receiver performance measurements.
The milestones of this project are listed below:
- Develop draft standard procedures and distribute them among the SolarPACES Task III working group for discussion and iteration.
- Organize a round robin test campaign based on the procedures defined in the proposed standards and publish the results in a conference paper.
- Disperse the standards within the solar community through the SolarPACES website.
Please note, that this is the actual interim version 2.5 of the guideline, based on the work at the technical meeting in Morocco on September 2012. This guideline has been accepted as official SolarPACES reflectance guideline at the ExCo meeting and replaces the old version 1. Please send your comments and suggestions for improvement to firstname.lastname@example.org