TO WRITE A POST AND SEND TO THE NEWSROOM:
Write or copy your text in the textbox, then:
ON THE RIGHT:
1. Uncheck >>Uncategorized.
2. Select one of these 3:
>>SolarPACES Research News
>>CSP News Briefs for short summaries that link to newsworthy CSP news like Dubai cutting the bid price,
>>SolarPACES Announcements for all webinar, conference or other announcements from SolarPACES
Each news post needs an image at the top because the news feed at the bottom needs images for all 4 news categories.. (I can look for a copyright-free one if you don’t have one, let me know)
To prepare image size for news section posts; open Photoshop or any program that can resize images like (PC) Microsoft Paint or (Mac) Preview;
1. Check that your image width is at least 700px wide
(Do not try to enlarge an image that is less than 600px wide as it would get too blurry, but reduce the width of too large ones so it is no more than about 1000 px wide as too large take too long to load).
2. Next, make a duplicate of your image and name your duplicate thesamename500 and resize that duplicate to 500 px wide using ‘constrain width/height ratio’ so resizing it would leave it at whatever height that would result in.
3. >>Click the cursor at the top of your text (this is where the image at the top goes)
ABOVE TEXT BOX:
1. select Add Media (above dashboard on left),
Drag the image from your desktop,
IN THE RIGHT:
2. Select News Room as the media folder to put it in.
3. Select which Category of news (on the right: Research News, Announcements or News briefs)
4. >>Insert in Post.
UNDER THE TEXT BOX:
1. Select >>Show or >>Hide Author name (SolarPACES is an option if you sign in as SolarPACES)
2. Under Decree options, select these 3:
Layout Options: >>Content/Primary Sidebar,
Header/Featured Image: >>Default,
Single Page/Post Image >>Default
3. In Excerpt box enter up to 20 words for the excerpted intro that will appear when your post is in its newsroom.
Then to upload the duplicate 500px image that goes with the summaries:
1. Select Add Featured Image, >>Upload Image, drag that smaller 500px image duplicate up
2. Click >>Set Featured Image
3. Select >>Save, Preview
Go back to make any edits, then >>Publish
Here are the formats:
(H1 – ignore: it’s autogenerated for Page or Post Titles)
H2: In the Paragraph dropdown box select H2 if you want Major Headings within the Post
This would be normal paragraphs on both sides of the h2 subtitles. This would be normal paragraphs on both sides of the h2 subtitles. This would be normal paragraphs on both sides of the h2 subtitles
(Ignore this H4, it’s a huge turquoise heading used elsewhere in the site)
This is H5 for the smallest of your sub-sub-subtitles
This would be normal paragraphs compared to headings This would be normal paragraphs compared to headingsThis would be normal paragraphs compared to headings.
H6 is the small grey text to go under images
The default is non-justified paragraphs. If you’d like to justify paragraphs; select it in the Formats dropdown box under the ‘Paragraph’ dropdown box. The Formats dropdown also has other formatting you may want to use like sub scripts, underlining etc.
To indent: you can select indent after the paragraph is complete or the title is done:
Indented H6 for the smallest of your sub-sub-subtitles
1. For numbered (or a.b.c.) lists:
2. Just make the list plus numbers or letters
3. Indent it to your taste
4. Each time you press indent
5. It goes further
Sometimes headings accidentally pull surrounding text into their formatting, To fix it in html: select Text at top right to see the html, and move the html tags to surround just the heading you want to format. Default is paragraph, so you only need to put these tags around headings, in this case the h6: <h6> </h6>