A group of experts in the field of optical mirror reflectance characterization has been working together as members of Task III to create a document of an official SolarPACES reflectance measurement guideline.
Title of guideline
"PARAMETERS AND METHOD TO EVALUATE THE SOLAR
REFLECTANCE PROPERTIES OF REFLECTOR MATERIALS FOR
CONCENTRATING SOLAR POWER TECHNOLOGY"
Scope of Project
The guideline for reflectance characterisation of solar reflectors was developed under the framework of a two year project “Development of guidelines for standards for concentrating solar power (CSP) components” within the SolarPACES Task III: “Solar Technology and Advances Applications”. The project was created because of the urgent demand to normalize the qualification procedures of solar mirrors and to provide reliable performance analysis tools whose results are comparable within the solar community. Therefore the scope of this project was to prepare recommendations of procedures for presentation to the standardization organisations (ISO, ASME, DIN, AENOR, etc) that can be formulated into international standards with respect to the following topics
- Guidelines for reflectance characterisation.
- Guidelines for mirror panel and modules characterisation.
- Guidelines for receiver performance measurements.
The milestones of this project are listed below:
- Develop draft standard procedures and distribute them among the SolarPACES Task III working group for discussion and iteration.
- Organize a round robin test campaign based on the procedures defined in the proposed standards and publish the results in a conference paper.
- Disperse the standards within the solar community through the SolarPACES website.
Download PDF Version (360 KB) of the "Reflectance Measurement Guidelines Ver. 2.5"