The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO) has issued a request for information (RFI) on the technology needs and cost targets for renewable fuels produced using solar-thermal energy and thermal energy storage.
SETO requests feedback from industry, academia, research laboratories, government agencies, and other stakeholders on two topic areas:
- Specific research, development, and demonstration opportunities to enable cost-effective production of hydrogen, ammonia, liquid fuels such as gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, and solid fuels.
- Improvements to various thermal energy storage technologies appropriate for concentrated solar power integration for both power and industrial decarbonization applications.
The goal of this RFI is to obtain information to help advance the goals of achieving carbon pollution-free electricity by 2035 and to deliver an equitable, clean energy future to put the United States on a path to achieve net-zero emissions, economy-wide, by no later than 2050.
Responses to this RFI must be submitted electronically to SETO.RFI.CSP@ee.doe.gov no later than 5:00 p.m. ET on April 14, 2023.
Submit responses as a Microsoft Word (.docx) attachment to an email. Compress (i.e., zip) attachments with file sizes exceeding 25MB to ensure message delivery. Only electronic responses will be accepted.
Please identify your answers by responding to a specific question or topic if applicable. Respondents may answer as many or as few questions as they wish.
The DOE Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) will not respond to individual submissions or publish publicly a compendium of responses. A response to this RFI will not be viewed as a binding commitment to develop or pursue the project or ideas discussed.
Please provide the following information at the start of your response to this RFI:
- Company or institution name
- Company or institution contact
- Contact’s address, phone number, and e-mail address
See all open funding opportunities from SETO.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay current with the latest SETO news.